Within the context of the general purpose stated above, the GovCon SIG will:
- Provide an independent forum for sharing of information and experience on best practices and the effective use of Oracle Applications and supporting technologies
- Provide an independent forum for the sharing of information and experience on best practices and the effective use of third party products used by government contractors that complement/ extend the Oracle application functionality
- Coordinate and support educational and training sessions on Oracle products of interest to the SIG membership
- Create networking opportunities for our members to meet, interact and develop relationships with Oracle Corporation, other Government Contractor organizations and other partners of the Oracle user community
- Provide a unified voice to Oracle Corporation on current and future functionality of all Oracle application products as reflects industry needs for the Government Contractor Industry
- Provide our members with the opportunity to participate in focused sub-groups dedicated to areas of interest for government contractors within their business operations.
- Within these subgroups provide opportunities to develop shared solutions to gaps in Oracle functionality which can meet the needs of multiple contractors