The purpose of the GOVCON SIG is to provide SIG members with access to networking, education and advocacy related to all Oracle products and their use in meeting the requirements unique to or fundamentally enabling the Federal Government Contractor Industry.
Within the context of the general purpose stated above, the GovCon SIG will:
- Provide an independent forum for sharing of information and experience on best practices and the effective use of Oracle Applications and supporting technologies
- Provide an independent forum for the sharing of information and experience on best practices and the effective use of third party products used by government contractors that complement/ extend the Oracle application functionality
- Coordinate and support educational and training sessions on Oracle products of interest to the SIG membership
- Create networking opportunities for our members to meet, interact and develop relationships with Oracle Corporation, other Government Contractor organizations and other partners of the Oracle user community
- Provide a unified voice to Oracle Corporation on current and future functionality of all Oracle application products as reflects industry needs for the Government Contractor Industry
- Provide our members with the opportunity to participate in focused sub-groups dedicated to areas of interest for government contractors within their business operations.
- Within these subgroups provide opportunities to develop shared solutions to gaps in Oracle functionality which can meet the needs of multiple contractors